St Mark’s in Hitchin
St Mark’s was founded as a daughter church of St Mary’s church when the town expanded to the north. In 1936 a permanent church building was built in St Mark’s Close, with a hall being attached at a later date.
In 2003 the church became a parish church in its own right, ending its daughter church status. However, St Mark’s remains within the team of churches constituting the Parish of Hitchin and so continues to work side by side with St Mary’s, as well as with St Faith’s and Holy Saviour churches.